Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Justdrift Round 4 Willow Speedway


Round 4 was fun but also disappointing. Practice was not going well on Friday because I was having trouble with my front wheel clearance. My front tires were rubbing up on both my front tube frame and also my rear wheel well near full lock. As a result I would spin out when I got too much angle.

I changed my front tires from soft Federal 245's to a harder compound 225. This fixed the problem completely and now I have plenty of clearance, I also did not notice a loss of grip on the front from the different compound and size.

Practice on Saturday went very well and I thought my qualifying runs were good but it turns out that they were not enough. I knew I was far from the wall but I still thought that I would qualify.
Photos taken by Matt Ulfelder from his blog Matt Ulfelder's Blog on Round 4 and also from Winding Highway Studios from their write-up Winding Highway Studios. Top photo taken by AMDrift.com AMDrift.com





No comments:

Post a Comment